Thursday, August 27, 2009

Inspiration

The Job Seekers reading this blog have certainly experienced the ride on the emotional roller coaster that job search provides. You're up when you finally talk to someone on the phone about the applied or interested position, you set up an interview and are pumped afterward, feeling that it went real well. Then after the fist, second or up to the fifth interview, you learn that you didn't get that position. You then are at the low of lows and have to drag yourself back up, getting back with networking, researching and trying to get that next interview.

There are plenty of roller coaster ups and down in between. There are even a few cork screws and upside down moves. But, somehow, we manage to press forward. Persistence and pride! We all know that we have a good bit to offer. So, we trudge on, looking for inspiration a perhaps a friendly face along the way.

As I seek prayerful guidance in my search, I've gathered a few inspirational blurbs along the way, and have them posted at my work desk. I was asked to post them here to share, by an individual that I met through networking.

POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - That's why we recommend it daily." author unknown

DAILY UPS & DOWNS
"Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors." African proverb

COURAGE TO DRIVE ON
"I'm not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship." Louisa May Alcott

STRENGTH TO STRIVE FOR SUCCESS
"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength." author unknown

ADVERSITY & REJECTION
"I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas A. Edison

No comments:

Post a Comment